Wednesday, July 1, 2009

DIY: felt star garland

get yourself some invisible thread and cheap felt. (1/4 yard each of four colors was about $4)

cut out approximately 130 stars while watching John Adams.

feed the stars one at a time into the machine. overlapping or not.

now you have a very LONG strand of stars. cut thread in between stars to desired length.

hang garland and be festive!



merathon said...

it turned out great, erin! looks so patriotic and festive! and i like the addition of the two colors of blue-- i think that really makes it EXTRA cute.

RO.MA. said...

This is great! I gotta make one, especially since my birthday is the fourth of july!! :)

andrea. said...

what a great idea!! thanks for sharing!

Erin said...

and happy birthday roxy!

Jessica Morris said...

cuuuuuute idea!! i love this!! :)
I will have to bookmark it for next year!

KJ said...

Awesome!! I will be "borrowing" this idea.

Autumn said...

I love this!

Twigs @ Twiggles and Trunks said...

i knew i had seen this somewhere! i just made one the other day & just found this in my "to do" bookmarks! thanks for the great idea.

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love 'em! They make me feel special! :)

If you have a question make sure you have an email address linked up to your blogger account or leave your email address in the comment so I can respond otherwise I will answer your question here in the comments section.

OR you can email me at suttongraceblog(at)gmail(dot)com

Related Posts with Thumbnails