This might be one of my favorite scrap buster projects. It is so easy and quick (it took me less than 20 minutes and that was stopping to take pictures!). This time I added the fabric bow to a headband for Sutton. Click on the pictures to make them bigger.
1. Cut a rectangle of fabric. Mine was 4"x7". The 4" measurement is the width of the bow. Adjust the dimensions to get the desired size of bow.
2. Fold your rectangle in half, wrong sides together. Stitch along the edges leaving a couple inches open for turning.
3. Clip corners.
4. Turn square right side out and press. Topstitch the opening closed.
5. Accordion fold your square adjusting as needed till it looks right.
6. Dab a bit of hot glue in the folds and squeeze.
7. Cut a 2.25"x5" strip of fabric (the length isn't really important two or three inches would probably be okay).
8. Fold the strip lengthwise and sew creating a fabric tube.
9. Turn right side out and press with the seam in the center back.
10. Wrap and glue strip around bow.
11. If you are just making a bow, you are now done!
12. If you are adding the bow to a headband, glue and wrap tail of strip around headband, pulling taught.
13. Trim the tail, fold raw edge under and glue.
14. You could also glue or hand sew onto a clip.