Wednesday, November 24, 2010

christmas pillows

I have been in the kitchen all day. So far I have made pie crusts, two chocolate pudding pies, brined a turkey, roasting another turkey (for the Church Thanksgiving dinner tonight. Thanksgiving dinner two days in a row? Yes, please!), cranberry sauce, homemade pumpkin puree (for the pumpkin cream pies I will be making tomorrow) and washed more dishes than I can count!

BUT, I had to pop in here to show off the Christmas pillows I made. I will be decorating soon, friends! I can't wait much longer!



This pillow reminds me of ribbon candy. I used this tutorial. Does it look familiar? I made one in orange a while back. I changed it up a little this time. Rather then leaving the ruffles raw, I used a decorative finished edge on my serger. I love my serger and use it a lot but it is capable of so much more than I use it for. It was fun to branch out a little even though it did require me to re-thread the machine. Ugh!



My favorite part of this polka dot pillow is the rick rack edging. I adore rick rack.



I love this quilted pillow! I used this tutorial from Sparkle Power. The contrasting red thread was a good idea in theory but boy, it is hard to sew evenly spaced perfectly straight lines! When I make more of these in non-holiday colors (and I definitely will be) I will be using matching thread like Candace did- it gives you a little more room for error.


Now if only I could justify spending $200 on a tree skirt...


It's so pretty, I would almost be tempted to wear it!



To all of you in the United States: Have a joyous Thanksgiving! Get out of the kitchen and have fun with your family. I know I am hoping to! :)

11 comments:

jen said...

I want one of those green & white pillows. i love channel stitched stuff!
Are you bringing a chocolate pudding pie for Thanksgiving tomorrow? Because that would be a welcome addition and a good alternative to everything else pumpkin. :) No pressure though!

Marisa said...

Lovely pillows!

You could definitely make that tree skirt out of felt.

merathon said...

i love them all, erin. so cute and fun-- just like YOU! glad that i have your blog to make me feel like we're still close by, although it makes me miss you more too. . . that didn't make sense but you know what i'm sayin!

dandee said...

You are so awesome. Bakin' + stitchen' + making your home cozy for your sweet family.

Happy Thanksgiving, Erin!

ps I'll be dreaming of that tree skirt tonight.

abby @ tales and trials said...

Love those pillows Erin! Especially the sparkle power striped one. Happy thanksgiving!!

The Fear Fam said...

Adorable! Thanks for the inspiration. I have some Christmas fabric leftover from a table runner & banners I made, and it might just be enough for a pillow or two!

she wears flowers said...

Love these--especially the ruffle one!

Chris said...

Each of these pillows is darling. They remind me of old fashioned Christmas candy. I'm sure they'll look festive!

FullertonRegan said...

Oh, I love this idea! I always want Christmas pillows, and these are so lovely. Adore the ric rac!

golden04 said...

Where did you get your fabric (the red and white and the polk a dots)? Love them!

Erin said...

@golden04- i bought the fabrics at hobby lobby. i am pretty sure they have them again this year.

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love 'em! They make me feel special! :)

If you have a question make sure you have an email address linked up to your blogger account or leave your email address in the comment so I can respond otherwise I will answer your question here in the comments section.

OR you can email me at suttongraceblog(at)gmail(dot)com

Related Posts with Thumbnails