Friday, September 23, 2011

five things friday

It's been a long time since I have found any furniture while trifting, the last item was my killer sideboard, but earlier this week I got lucky again! A mid-century modern desk, $35 and a mid century modern night stand, $18. I have been searching for a desk for years and had given up hope of ever finding one so I was way stoked!


I am so excited for the return of TV. My favorite shows are Parenthood, The Middle, Modern Family, and How I Met Your Mother. I have/had high hopes for a few new shows; The New Girl, Up All Night, Suburgatory, Once Upon A Time. I have seen the first episodes of The New Girl and Up All Night and they were... meh. I didn't even finish the New Girl pilot but Up All Night did make me laugh a few times. Are you a TV watcher? What is your favorite show?


Gemma is eight months old! She is crawling now and has two teeth. Gone are the bows secured with corn syrup her hair is just barely long enough for a little clip. Adorable but... why must they grow so fast?!?


Now that Gemma is older she is only nursing three times a day and she's eating lots of solid food. I decided it's time to start eating quinoa again (I had to give it up because it made her very gassy and therefore very fussy). I have so missed it and can't wait to try out the many recipes I have had bookmarked for ages.


I discovered that I have been tying my shoes wrong my entire life. Thanks Mom. Haha, kidding! About blaming my mom that is. I really have been tying my shoes wrong. Maybe you have too? Watch this video on TED to find out!



chris said...

What? No photos of the furniture??? Not that I don't mind seeing more of sweet Gemma. She is getting so big!

Emily said...

Can't wait to see the furniture(!) though it's probably more exciting to see a before and after at the same time. Gemma is so cute!! I love the return of fall tv. We watch NCIS and The Mentalist. I also watched The Office by myself (husband was still at work) and watched a few minutes of Whitney until I had to turn it off.

merathon said...

your favorite shows are the same as mine, with the exception of The Middle (which I have never watched) and then i have to add The Office and SURVIVOR!

jen said...

yeah, I want to see a picture of the desk!

Jessica said...

what awesome finds!! That is great to finally get some good thrifting in.

Sara said...

Ohhh I had my first sucessful thirfting experiences today to. I just added a mud room. Pics to come soon on my blog.

Vanessa, Take only Memories said...

Hi, just wanted to let you know that I linked to your tote bag tutorial on my blog :)

Jessica said...

The shoe tying demonstration is excellent for us pre-k teachers! I tie lots of shoe laces. I will be sure to use the correct, stronger bow, so it will last longer.

Thank you!!

abby @{eatrunteach} said...

You should post the pictures of your thrift store finds Erin. I would love to see them!

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love 'em! They make me feel special! :)

If you have a question make sure you have an email address linked up to your blogger account or leave your email address in the comment so I can respond otherwise I will answer your question here in the comments section.

OR you can email me at suttongraceblog(at)gmail(dot)com

Related Posts with Thumbnails